I know some of you may have smooth skin and very seldom do you get breakouts. My, my, my well aren’t you just a lucky bombshell? Even though your skin does not have noticeable issues or concerns, a great skin care regimen with consistency is still very important. The word consistency is KEY to this post. Cleansing your skin twice per day should come with the same amount of routine as brushing your teeth or taking a shower. It’s JUST THAT IMPORTANT.
5 Reasons Why You Need a Skin Care Regimen
- Protection- Do you realize even if you don’t wear makeup, your skin needs to be cleansed? Throughout the day your skin comes into contact with so many pollutants from the environment. Our natural oils are produced throughout the day and can produce excess dirt and oil build up. Our skin is the largest barrier against infection. Proper skin care is important to help maintain that barrier. Cleansing and moisturizing helps our skin stay intact. If our skin is dry or irritated, our skin can become cracked and open which will allow for bacteria and infection to enter our bodies.
- Prevention- By developing a skin care regimen, you are developing healthy routines to maintain the elasticity of the skin. It also helps with slowing the aging process and the prevention of fine lines and wrinkles. Who wants to look younger longer? *raises hands* ME!!!!
- Improved Life Quality – Healthy skin doesn’t only leave you with a younger-looking face. It will restore your sense of self-confidence while positive comments from friends and family will alter your outlook too. Choosing a hydrafacial treatment followed by daily skincare routines will make you a happier person. If that doesn’t underline its importance, what will?
- Radiant and Glowy Skin – The beauty of all of this is once you have established a skin care regimen, you skin will be clear, radiant and beautiful. Without or without makeup, you skin will have a healthy glow. On days I do not wear makeup, I’m comfortable with my naked, bare skin. It’s so refreshing to have healthy clear skin.
- Save Money – Hear me out… a small investment today could save you money in the long run. When your skin is in better health, you can successfully reduce the amount of money invested in products and brushes. Oh, and it will save valuable time too. If it means getting an extra 10 minutes in bed, sign me up!
I hope this encourages you to start your skin care regimen today. Remember, your regimen consists of cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. If you need assistance with finding the right regimen for you, comment below.