There is nothing wrong with wanting to live a life that is peppered with inspiration. From every corner of your daily life, you’re going to be able to find things that make you feel happy to be alive. You’re going to feel motivated, happy and excited about your life if you know where to look, but when it comes to being inspired there are also some things that you should avoid doing.
Inspiration comes in many different forms. Some people feel inspired by the color of flowers after a rain, others by the work of mentors and leaders around them. Some people choose to talk up their favorite Lil Peep quotes while they work, shower and get ready for the day. There are some who take their inspiration from themselves and how far they’ve already come in life. The key thing to note is that there is no right way to feel inspired. The point here is that you should be able to live your life in a way that makes you feel happy and grateful to be alive, while also believing that you can do more for others, too. It’s a good life, but if you want to be inspired, you have to avoid a few things. Inspiration is everywhere you look, but you shouldn’t be doing these things below if you want to feel great.
- Stop forcing things in your life. You might want to be inspired, but you can’t force it. You can’t look at something and just feel as if you are inspired to do more. You need to dispel any forced effort because this will work against you and the inspiration you’re trying to extract from life. Don’t force yourself to write a book or play a game. Don’t push yourself to do things that you don’t feel passionate about because doing this will make you feel unbalanced. If you want to be a force of nature in life, you need to really reach in deep and ask yourself what you want to express. If you can label this, you’re going to be able to listen to yourself and find it within you. Whatever it is you’re trying to express, you can’t force it out of you – you have to let it come naturally.
- Don’t try to juggle. All you will achieve when you try to read for inspiration while listening to music and going for walks is a whole lot of internal noise. Why would you try to extract inspiration from more than one thing at a time when this will just confuse you? If you want to try to feel inspired by things around you in life, you’re going to need to focus on one thing at a time. Splitting your focus is going to lead you to scrambling your ability to be inspired. To stop multitasking, ask yourself what your intentions are with your life, and you can then take a hard line on how you would like to feel inspired.
- Avoid complaining. If you want to feel inspired, you need to push out that negativity and learn to feel appreciative for the life you have. Holding onto negative thoughts and continuing negative habits isn’t going to serve you at all and you need to do all that you can to avoid these behaviors if you want to remain inspired. Do you really need all that negativity in your life? Great. Stop complaining and start fixing; start doing. Look at how you live and if you’re complaining about everything, the time is now to stop whining and start making changes.
- Go and get a massage. If you are holding onto tension, it’s time to let that go. When you know what you want but you can’t find the right pathway to get there, you’re going to hold onto it in the form of tension. A massage will help you to think clearer and work out those knots and pains that are ailing you, and those sore muscles are going to be your body’s way of communicating that you are holding onto things that you shouldn’t be holding onto. Tension is the energy that is stuck and you need to figure out how to release it. Massage can give you the chance to release your muscles and feel that relaxation flow through you. Once you are more relaxed, you can think clearly about what you want. Don’t hold onto that tension anymore, and you’ll feel more open to being inspired as a result.
- Stop being so vague. If you want to pull more inspiration into your life, you need to start laying out what it is you want from it. Tell the universe, write it in a diary, be specific about it all and take what you can get while you can get it. You might not know what you want from life yet, but it’s your job to make sure that you figure it out. Holding onto vague intentions doesn’t do you any favors, and if you can lay out your intentions, you’re going to do a better job of feeling inspired.
- You don’t back yourself. If you want to be effective in finding inspiration, you need to stop being unsupportive of yourself. You want the universe to give you that inspiration that you want, and the only way that you can do that is to start being your own cheerleader. You have to be your own liferaft, and the only way you can feel that inspiration flowing through you is to start standing up for yourself. Trust that you know what you’re doing and whether you love to listen to favorite Lil Peep quotes on repeat or you want to keep a mantra of your own personal achievements, you need to do more to support yourself in your dreams.
- Stop watering down your message. Why do you want to be inspired in the first place? The chances are that you’re pretty passionate about what you want to say, and if you want to make people feel good, you need to be specific in what you want to say. You have to be enthusiastic on the topic of choice, and that means that you need to stop watering down your own message. Figure out what you would want people to know about you if this was the last conversation you would ever have. You need to have passion if you want inspiration to find you.
- Stop listening to just your brain. There’s so much more to you than just your brain. You have to listen to your instincts and what your gut is telling you to do as well as your brain. It’s got to be a conversation with everything you have. Write down your worries, why you want to be inspired, the hurdles you are going to jump to get there. Write down the pros and cons and ask yourself what you want from it all. Listen to your logic, to your intuition and yourself – and then reread it and try to make a decision. If you want to be inspired, you need to let your intuition in on the conversation.
- Stop being messy. If you want to be inspired, you need to clean up and let go of the messes in your life. Everyone has a level of clutter they can manage, and while some have a high tolerance for clutter, others have a very low tolerance. They like things to be ordered and in place, and if that’s you, you need to get a cleaner in if necessary! A mess and clutter around the house and your space can block you from your own creativity so you need to get rid of it and make sure that you’re no longer blocked. Figure out what a clean space means for you and make it happen.
- Stop being so rigid. If you want inspiration to flow, you need to ensure that you have the flexibility of it. Loosen up a little; have a 30 second dance party and stretch your body until you feel comfortable and calm. You have to let go of things that aren’t serving you, even if you have put years into them. You wouldn’t continue to put money into the bank if you weren’t getting a decent enough return, so don’t do it with your time. If something isn’t making you feel good anymore, there’s no need to keep doing it.
Finding inspiration is dependent on the person. Do you find your inspiration in music? In art? In floral arrangements? There are a range of places that you can look at if you are looking to feel good again. You can find inspiration pretty much anywhere but if your creativity is blocked, you’re not going to get anywhere with it. You deserve to feel like you can gain inspiration from everywhere you go, and you have to go and find it. If you want to be inspired in your life, you shouldn’t do any of the things on the list.